COPYRIGHT

All resources offered by this blogsite are shared by the authors themselves. Some of them were rewritten with permission and some were collected throughout the internet and exchanged between peers for personal study. Use of any resources offered for commercial purposes is prohibited. Otherwise you need to responsible for any consequences produced! Any profitable behavior of utilizing the resources downloaded from this site is condemned and disdained sternly.

Some of the resources, and data here were shared by the authors freely and we don't have all the capacity to know, if the components, materials inside the scenes were copyright protected. If you feel some resources have infringed your copyright, please contact us. We will delete them as quickly as possible. We won't bear any legal responsibility for the resources. Thanks.

Custom Search

Custom Search

Welcome to SketchUp, Vray and other Resources

Everyone is capable of learning. Learning is part of life. It is a social process of living and bringing everyone to share their inherited resources and discoveries. All of us can influence the life of others through sharing and caring. It is our belief that everyone should be a lifelong learner.

I am putting very important visualization resources and series: tutorials, tips, tricks, VRAY materials and settings, and mini-the-making (MTM) processes.

Yours,

Nomeradona

Saturday 6 August 2011

Q and A and Featured Visualizer: Allan Casas

Allan Casas
Allan is a license architect and accomplished visualizer from the Philippines. He created his own firm,  AOC4 studio. He works with different architects and companies from Europe, China, Antigua and other countries. 

He is one of the few Filipino visualizers I knew who prefers non-photo-realistic (NPR) output. Allan's rendering and watercolor style is noticeable because of his unique approach and expression in using SketchUp, Photoshop and FotoSketcher. We would like to personally thank Allan for allowing us to interview him in this blogsite. 


Scene_3FH

SVR:  Please tell us more about your visualization experience.

AC: I started my career in the field of visualization as draftsman, and made my way as Interior designer thereafter. During those time, I was fascinated with computer graphics, and I enrolled myself to some 3DMax training. I found the learning curve in  3DMax too complicated, so I ended up searching other softwares with easier learning curve. I encountered Blender first, but got frustrated at the very beginning and uninstalled it at once. I then encountered Google SketchUp and I got hooked immediately by it, because of its easy learning  curve and its speed in creating Architectural models. I started practicing on my own and joined SketchUp forums to improve my skills. I develop a watercolor style and since then Architects, Designers and Real Estate developers (both local and international) started asking and offering visualisation projects.That was when I started my small firm AOC4 studio.

SVR: Can you explain your visualization workflow?   

AC: Google SketchUp is the main application that I use for modeling and even rendering, I model my projects in SketchUp, save the scenes that I like and use both Photoshop and Fotosketcher in producing Watercolour effect. The result is unpredictable and usually doesn't come out with what I initially planned. The technique takes a lot of my time to perfect. Tedious experimentation, trial and error and Photoshop works are needed to achieve what I like.


Scene_03PP

SVR: Which do you prefer NPR or Photo-realistic rendering? Why?

AC: I prefer NPR over Photo-realistic renders. I was a Watercolour artist before, and I really like the appeal that watercolour brings. I also do Photo-realistic rendering and practice when I have the time.


SVR: Can you share something about your recent projects?

AC: I have been doing a lot of SketchUp modeling and visualization at the moment. This year I have modeled the Great wall Cinema in China. I have a small apartment buildings in Antigua that requires watercolour presentation. I have also created product modeling of tool products for some companies in Europe. I have a regular gig as 3D plan modeler with a company that makes Fire Escape signs in the UK.

SVR: How about Sketchup rubies/pluggins, can you please tell us your opinion on how you use them?

AC: I am not really into plugins; but I used a few like Lathe, Extrude to line and Mirror.

SVR: Any advise to those who are new in the field of Visualization.

AC: My advise for aspiring artist is be original with your art work, because your art work is your signature. That's the way people recognizes great artist is through their works. Try to be original and different from others as much as possible, it's very easy to create a very Photo-realistic image but it's hard to be original as every Photo-realistic renders tends to be similar with others.

SVR: Thank you very much Allan.

Some works of Allan Casas

Church_watercolour

Interior1

Scene1AR

Scene1LW

Scene4BA

Scene4LH

Scene6BA

Scene5BV



For more information you can view more of Allan Casas' portfolio, work and contacts.

Blog: http://aoc4.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AOC4-studio/169016813139270
Twitter: AOC4studio

No comments:

Post a Comment